Navillum Nanotechnologies, Inc., headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, is a spin-off from the University of Utah. Company founder, Jacqueline Siy-Ronquillo, developed a unique, low-temperature technique for the synthesis of high-quality nanocrystals in the course of her doctoral dissertation research under the direction of Professor Michael Bartl. This serendipity discovery attracted great interest and, at the conclusion of her studies in 2012, prompted Jacqueline and co-founder, Dr. Cecinio “Nikko” Ronquillo, to launch Navillum.
The patented Navillum technologies began garnering awards immediately. Notable among these are:
- Cleantech Open 2012 “Grand Prize” winner (Rocky Mountain Region) in two categories: Energy Efficiency & Sustainability;
- CU Cleantech Grand Prize Award ($100k) in 2012;
- Department of Energy National Business Plan competition People’s Choice Award and Top 6 finalist in 2012;
- Cleantech Global Forum first runner up in Energy Efficiency in 2012
- State of Utah Technology Commercialization Innovation Program (TCIP) Award/Grant in both 2012 and 2013;
- Stoel Rives Innovation Award First prize in Chemicals/Manufacturing Award in 2014; and,
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Grant, Phase I in 2013; Phase II Grant in 2014; and three (3) supplementary grants (TECP, CAP and SECO) in 2015 and 2016.
Today Navillum Nanotechnologies is growing steadily in both reputation and size!
Navillum is committed both to offering the best quality of nanomaterial products that meet customer needs in various market segments and providing the best services in co-developing new nanomaterial applications. Our nanomaterial products are made using our patented synthesis technologies. Our current product line includes core quantum dots, core shell quantum dots, polymer compatible quantum dots (ex. acrylates) and quantum dot film optic. We specialize in synthesis of nanocrystals with highly precise wavelength targeting and narrow size distribution, backed by our excellent customer service. We also specialize in CUSTOM orders and can accommodate custom wavelengths, solvents/formulation, and chemical compositions. Contact Us today for your nanomaterials needs.